Follow Billy's ascent on Trap Lab's building in pursuit of pocket money in this online action puzzle. Dodge trap doors, spikes, vortices, cats on Roombas, salary-chickens, and other weird things to survive! It's a game inspired by the strange combination of RTS games and cartoons from early 2000s.
Trap Labs was inspired by bounds and mazes from StarCraft and Warcraft. They were obstacle dodging custom maps made by players. The concept and controls were extremely simple but ridiculously fun. The obstacles and patterns can vary from very casual to super hardcore.
I realized the bounding concept translated very well to mobile and it would be a good opportunity to make a commercial game that played well on both mobile and PC. In 2015 I took the plunge and quit my senior software engineer position to work on Trap Labs full time.
The entire game engine was custom built on top of Cocos2d-x. It boasts a cross-platform/cross-device networking engine that allowed seamless mobile to PC online cross-play. The art style was inspired by favorite cartoons growing up such as Dexter's Lab and Fairly OddParents which tailored well towards the silly cartoon storyline. My goal was to make Trap Labs a fun experience for people of all ages.
Trap Labs went viral on Imgur with over 100,000 views on in April 2018. Trap Labs was first released on Steam on Nov 26 2018. Mobile versions are set to release in late December 2018.
- Action puzzle where you must run across the room without being trapped
- Art styling reminiscent of Butch Hartman and Genndy Tartakovsky
- 100 levels story campaign in single-player and online co-op
- 100+ challenges fast paced arcade modes with leaderboard
- Cross-platform online multiplayer with race and co-op maps
Trap Labs Official Trailer — YouTube
Trap Labs Teaser Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
- Trap Labs Original Soundtrack
- Composed and performed by Juno nominated composer Chris Donnelly store.steampowered.com.
About Packet1337 Inc.
- More information
- More information on Packet1337 Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Trap Labs Credits
- Han Jiang